PLAN REVIEW PROCEDURES
The following procedure is for all revised and supplemented plans. The revision and supplemental permit is issued only when the original permit is paid for and picked up. This procedure is for changes to plan after original permits have been issued.
- All plans will be processed through the front Building Department counter and must be accompanied by a new permit application. Once submitted a permit number will be assigned to the application and that will be your tracking number.
- If the plans were disapproved and after reading review comment sheet, you have a question about a review comment the Engineer/Architect can speak to the Plan Reviewer, between the hours of 8:00 - 11:00 AM or 2:00 – 4:00 PM. This time is for questions only, not for plan review or approval signature. After corrections have been made and prior to re-submitting plans; the person of record who signed and sealed the plans, shall review all plans for code compliance, whether on the plan review comment sheet or not. Please correct all code violations, prior to resubmitting.
Changes to Plans
- Submit any revised or supplemental plans with permits at least three days prior to inspection (supplemental permits, with an estimated value over $800.00 require a copy of contract or work order with the owner's signature on it or on the permit application. Note: Subject to approval of the Plan Reviewers.)
- CHANGES OF ANY KIND TO PLANS MUST BE APPROVED by the Engineer or Architect of record. Three sets of plans must be submitted with changes clouded in. The latest set of "Approved Plans" must accompany a supplemental or revision permit application. Do not insert any sheets in "Approved" set that has not been "Approved" and stamped by city plan reviewer. The contractor must fill out the new application.
- Minor changes may be REDLINED, signed by Engineer or Architect of record and submitted to plan review prior to rough inspection only. New sets of plans must be submitted and "approved" prior to final. The office staff will not remove any plans from City files for this purpose, BRING APPROVED PLANS WITH YOU.
- All plans submitted for review must be folded. After approval one set will go into the City file and the others will be returned to the contractor, to put on the job site, prior to calling inspection. Submit all revisions and supplemental plans to the front Building Department counter between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM
- Plans reviewers are available from 8:00 - 11:00 AM and 3:00 – 4:00 PM. These hours are for questions only, as these are the busiest times of the day, no plans will be signed during these hours.
- Approved means stamped and signed by City plan review.
- Revision means something on the original plan has been relocated and there was no increase in the original contract price. A new permit application is required.
- Supplemental means something has been added to the original approved plans (i.e. switches, receptacles, equipment, etc.) a new permit application is required.
- As Built submit as either revision or supplemental.
- Redlined minor changes marked on the plan in red ink, approved by Engineer or Architect of record, for permitting or prior to rough inspections with supplemental permit for approval.